Jan. 22nd, 2009

lirion: (Default)
Actually, I don't know what saved me.
In the process of cleaning, I jsut unplugged the extension cord my oil heater is plugged into, so I cna put it away given proper Summer has now arrived. The heater had been a bit dodgy the last couple of times I used it - it's old and I figued was wearing out.
But nothing rpepared me for unplugging the cords and finding the connection a melted black and brown ruin. Scary shit! I am incredibly lucky it did not cause a fire. The connecting plug has blackened metal pronbgs and melted palstic stuck to it. The socket of the extension cord is irretrievably damaged, burned and melte dbeyond and use. I can't describe it. But it gave me one hell of a shock to look at! The heater shall be going to it's final death, and I shall be grateful the circuit was killed rather than starting a fire.

Profile

lirion: (Default)
lirion

April 2011

S M T W T F S
     12
3456789
10 111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930

Most Popular Tags

Page Summary

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags